Why Goldfish Make Great Pets
1. They don't scratch up the furniture.
2. They don't shed.
3. They don't pee on the carpet.
4. You won't get nasty calls from the neighbors because your fish got loose and impregnated their fish.
5. They won't run away from home and force you put up "Lost Fish" posters around the neighborhood.
6. They don't need shots or a license.
7. You don't have to get up in the middle of the night to let them outside.
8. They won't hump your leg.
9. There's no danger of them getting rabid and attacking someone.
10. They don't need bags of food that weigh a ton and take up the whole trunk of your car.
11. They don't bark and keep you and the neighbors awake at night.
12. They don't get fleas.
13. You don't have to walk them when it's raining or 10 below outside.
14. They don't chew up your slippers.
15. They don't leave dead mice on your doorstep as a present.
16. They don't get lonely or mad when you're away and trash the house.
17. They scare away burglars...er, okay, maybe not! ;-)
18. You don't need to cut their toenails, brush their teeth or groom them.
19. They never spill their food all over the floor.
20. They don't smell bad when they get wet.
21. No hairballs.
22. Nobody is allergic to goldfish.
23. They never get bored and walk away when you're talking to them.
24. They don't jump into bed and try to lie on your face.
25. You don't need to send them to obedience school.
26. No drooling, slobbering or licking.
27. They won't scratch you with their claws.
28. They won't get scared when there are fireworks or thunderstorms.
29. They won't beg for table scraps.
30. They don't need to be spayed or neutered.
31. No smelly litterbox.
32. They're relaxing to watch.
33. They're cute! :-)